The following sections provide more information on the policy.
Collection of your Personal Information
Your personal information may be collected during any of the following occasions either manually or electronically;
- You complete a new-comer card that is provided to you when you visit us
- You are a member/ regular worshiper and request to join a small group
- You sign up for baptism or to join as a member of the church
- You sign up for various camps / programs and activities organized by GEFC
- When you make an pledge/offering/donation to the church
- When you submit your personal information for employment purpose
- And at any other activity or event that will enable us to serve you better
Use of Personal Information
GEFC collects personally identifiable information for the following purposes;
- Providing pastoral care.
- Connecting you to a small group.
- Organising Church events such as Church camp, youth camp, children’s camps etc.,
- Notifying you of any discipleship and/or disciple-making events, programs or training.
- Maintaining the membership register of GEFC members and regular worshippers.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
GEFC will only disclose your personal information, without notice, to entities outside of GEFC only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Conformance to the law or comply with any legal process served on GEFC, and/or
- Action resulting in the protection and/or to defend the rights or property of GEFC, and/or
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of GEFC, or the public
Security of your Personal Information
GEFC secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. GEFC secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of the personal data and will constantly review and enhance our information security measures.
Retention of your Personal Information
Your personal data will be retained by the Church as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes stated above or is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements.
Updating of your Personal Information
You may request the church to update your personal information by emailing our Church administrator at the below mentioned details in the contact section.
Accuracy of your Personal Information
With regards to the accuracy of the information, the church will do whatever it can to ensure the accuracy of the information provided. However, it will be incumbent on you to ensure that your personal information is updated and correct. We have an annual verification exercise during which we will encourage you to check your particulars to ensure accuracy.
Request to remove your Personal Information
You may at any time withdraw any consent given in respect of the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by giving prior notice in the form of a formal written request addressed to the Data Protection Officer or email your request to the below mentioned details in the contact section.
In the event you withdraw your consent to the Church for the processing of your personal data, GEFC shall cease to process your personal data within 30 working days upon receiving your written withdrawal request. Please note that once consent is withdrawn, GEFC may not be able to fulfil our services to you mentioned above.
Contact for Enquiries
Send Request to Gefcadmin@geylangefc.org
Attention email: Charles Anand, Data Protection Officer, Request for Removal of Personal Data.